Thursday, 28 July 2011

Transition






I've been so slack in putting something on the blog - to those who follow - I sincerely apologize. Life just got a little crazier than normal - not unexpectedly so, but crazy still.

My wife and I are in the process of moving to Sydney, Australia - love that we're going, just hoping the going gets going; we've been stuck in South Africa, a 'holiday' which should have taken 3 weeks - we are still here 6 weeks later - no visas (and no indication of when they would come). Needless to say - I've got a bit of time on my hands (not loads - because I have been working hard on projects). I can blog while I wait for renders, and while I wait for files to upload to clients in the States. It sounds glamorous - but it is not.

This is me right now: I am sitting as straight as I can because I have a massive back-ache - this due to the fact that I have been sitting on a couch for 4 hrs already, not out of choice as this coffee shop I am currently at doesn't have any free 'normal seats' - I need the normal seats so I can use my computer like a normal person. I have to be at THIS coffee shop (Motherland Coffeeshop in Rosebank, Jo'burg - I do recommend them) because they have the 'fastest' (about 40kbps) interwebs connection. I can't upload from home because there's only a slow, capped internet connection - it would be capped in a few hours if I were to do all this stuff at home. Alas - Motherland Coffee it is - it HAS to be.


God is good tho! We expected our visas to pull through by the 1st of July, obviously that didn't happen. Soon after we realized we might be here for a while, I received an email asking whether I'd be available to help out on a certain project in the States. The concept sounded awesome - so I agreed. I am currently working on it - and its gonna be rad!

Below are screengrabs of another project I have been intensely working on over the last 2 weeks or so [among a few others] while in limbo here in SA. I have had the privilege of working with some awesome people on this project and some others. There are a few projects coming! Check back soon!

Stoked to be 'working' - sad its not at Hillsong yet!

S

7 comments:

  1. You are so gifted man! Love your work! Praying for your transition and can't wait to see the new rad work!! :) -fenner403

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to see the videos you will do at Hillsong! You work really inspires me, you are a great reference, great artist, great sound architect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Salomon (it's Pam from the UK!) I'm praying for breakthrough for you in the visa saga, know that it's a season and there's surely a reason! And God will renew your strength (as per Isaiah 40:31). The new project(s) sound great, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you'll be working with Hillsong. Keep blogging bro! Your work is an inspiration to those of us who want to get the get the gospel message out in creative ways! I'll be praying as well that your visa comes through soon. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work! Quick question how do you manage to put those awesome effects such as the texts and timer indications on your video. Did you create them all through after effects or did you find some pre-made already to add to your project in after effects. Thanks, and cant wait to see your next masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey i love your work and blog, truly inspiring.
    are you in sydney yet? I'm from sydney

    cheers. Matt

    www.matthew-simms.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Salomon! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!
    You have no Idea how many times I have kept coming back on your blog since 2010.
    Anychance we will see new blog posts in 2013?
    Love what you did with the Variable guys. Would love to read about your process

    Sincerely,
    Erwan

    ReplyDelete