Monday, 13 September 2010

The Last Call BTS






First off - I am in no way a VFX guy - but I just tried this to see what would happen if I applied myself a little. AE is now a goal - a program to master - or at least understand more adequately.
Don't have much time to write about this today, but thought I'd quickly do a little behind the scenes write up - for the few that have asked to see some of the precess [mr digifrutella!].


I've been listening to fxguide.com's podcasts [http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-vfx-show/id154343840 - listen to #106] and they recently did an interview with the VFX geniuses who worked on Inception - so in comparison - what I did here feels like childs's play. But I felt completely inspired to push things further - visually. A behind the scenes short [http://vimeo.com/13396749] on the sound design of Inception also left me feeling syched to push things further sonically.

In the above shots I added lens flares [VCPLT's Optical Flares] and sky replacements. I used it to push the mood a little more towards ominous/urgent - storm-like.
I also heavily graded the footage and added grads to the sky.

Its very basic - I used techniques that I found on Andrew Cramer's videocopilot.net. And for the heart rate monitor graphic - I used a technique which I found from some obscure website - only half the tutorial would load - so I kept the graphic VERY basic [I could've added some grids and stuff - but even just the graphic felt like it could have been too much - but I needed some visual there in indicate 'life']

Thanks again to Dan DiFelice for all the input - you insane bra!

3 comments:

  1. thanks a lot man for answering a few questions let alone linking to that podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these production details. I'm looking forward to going through the archive of post and seeing what I can gleam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man thanks for the podcast ... great stuff on there.

    check out my vimeo if u get bored.. vimeo.com/joshsliffe

    love ur stuff man.

    ReplyDelete