Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Audio

Recording Score from Salomon on Vimeo.



Here is a little inside view of what goes on in the audio department [my studio at home] on some of the church videos. This is for a new project.

Sorry the sound is not great but my external sound recorder failed on me and I was not going to do it again.

The song has progressed way further from this

For the curious, I use:

Pro Tools for editing
FM8 for sounds
Massive for sounds
Absynth 4 for sounds
Miroslav Philharmonik for strings and horns
Stylus RMX for the percussion and beats

Password is welloflife

later

4 comments:

  1. this is pretty amazing man. You're an all around DIY guy, which is talent, above all.

    Thanks for sharing, I initially had the idea that in ProTools you kind of compose it with the existed loops or something like that, but you got your synthesizer hooked up for custom strings, which is bomb.

    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks for sharing. I've composed a couple of soundbeds for my videos in the past, but no where as elaborate as this. I like the kind of layered complexity in your soundtracks. Especially the one for Save the Lost has a sort of 3D depth to it. Hope that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved hearing you talk out your translation of your soundtrack to urgency of faith and saving the lost.. very casual about it. good stuff man..

    ReplyDelete