Monday, 19 July 2010

Choose the look





Okay so i thought i'd do something slightly different.

I am working on a little clip at the moment which deals with 'What We Believe'. It basically documents a guy searching for truth from scriptures and the consequent revelation he gets - it ultimately forms our church's Statement of Faith.

Anyway - the audio is slightly messy - the lighting is quite 'low-key' or dark - my question to you guys are - what is the best look for the clip?

Here are your 4 - options

1. Green/Yellow [Medium Contrast]
2. Bluetone [Medium Contrast]
3. Brownish Yellow [Vintage/Film - Low Contrast]
4. Green-Blue [High Contrast]

I have my favorite but wanted to hear what you guys think.
What suits the visuals more?

12 comments:

  1. The first is the best of the 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in option 1 Salomon :-0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i love them all but two I guess if i had to pick. my gosh man your work is soooo good

    ReplyDelete
  4. ricky - instinctively I am with you - but I hear all the others on the pick of number 1 - I think tho '1' looks too similar to the grades of my other stuff - where as '2' is different... we'll see when all is put together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salomon- now that you state that I see what you're saying... Perhaps option 2 would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Man, I've just read thru like 6 months of your posts. amazing work.

    I had a question for you - how do you get these alterantive looks? I mean, do you apply MBL to each clip one by one or do you use a single adjustment layer?

    Thanks, man.
    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing stuff!!!! reading through your old blog posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to let you know that you've done excellent job to gave us information about color balancing(correction).......Thank you for sharing such a knowledgeable information..:)
    digital image editing

    ReplyDelete