Wednesday, 2 June 2010

'Save the Lost' - the audio





Okay so I started with audio again here. I don't even know how many channels I was working with but it was a heck of a lot. It took about 2 days to get the audio going - which really isn't that long considering how long it took on previous projects. I then took the audio to Final Cut Pro, where I started editing and Time-Remapping some footage to some of the glitches and beats. I kept some glitches edit free - knowing that I was going to need some as cues for the movement of text.

After the edit and plotting out all the glitches using markers and extended markers [to indicate the length of the glitches] in Final Cut Pro - I exported an XML and then used a cool little free script called FCPtoAE to get all the edited and time-remapped footage across to After Effects. Then came the monster of all tasks - motion-tracking all the footage so that the text moves relative to the footage - at least to some extent. This was rather tricky, especially since it was my first time to do it - learned so much!

The grade kinda happened in sections as I moved across the footage for title treatment. Lastly I added a film burn stock over some of the glitches just to add a little more dimension.

I'm pretty stoked with the results.

Hope it 'gets' you.
Hope you come!

S

2 comments:

  1. Respect, must have been so much work, you got the talent though. I wouldnt be suprised if you end up making films for a profession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Solomon,
    I am an admirer of your work. Would like to know the name of this electronic effect that uses most of the video to mark the texts. Thank you.

    Glauco Neves / Brazil

    ReplyDelete