Saturday, 26 June 2010

Color Correction with the Ring Light




I thought I'd do a quick post on a quick color correction before and after example. Here are two pics of a recent Church News segment I did. I shot it with a ring light [which i got at a VERY good price] - tho the initial look of the ring light looked 'quite' good [as it looked on camera] It looked especially cool after the color correction. The initial capture shows a distinct yellow tone in the skin - which I wanted to pull back to normality, normal skin tones! I used Magic Bullet looks and crushed the blacks all the way down - so at to remove the background completely - probably could have kept it - but wanted to use the negative space for the text/design.

I always enjoying seeing the before and after of people's corrections hope you enjoy this.

The woman in these clips is my gorgeous wife, Lesley-Ann

check the video here [very simple edit]

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=419686696808&ref=mf

3 comments:

  1. Typical Fluro ring light? I've had recent success with similar lighting at night.. these cameras are ill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is design in beautiful way. I got many information by your blog which are so useful for us. You should make this type of blog continue.
    colour correction

    ReplyDelete