Friday, 8 January 2010

New project

It is a new year, and I'm going to start it by trying my hand at a few new things. 

One of the new things I'm going to try and do is create more of a narrative story. Don't want to give to much away just yet, but here are a few stills of a short film I am working on. I've done only a few hours of shooting but am pretty happy with what to expect. I used only one lens for the shoot - a Zeiss 50mm f1.4 due its low-light sensitivity. I wish I had a wide-angle lens and a telephoto/zoom lens that worked in low-light,  in order to get better angles, but I reckon I could get away with what I have. A wider angle would've helped with the camera shake, the 50mm shook so much, but in hindsight I reckon it will help getting the action across. 

Not saying much more - keep your eyes and ears posted

shooting some more and then to score the piece, so it'll take about a month or so more for the final short

these images serve as a rough test on the color grade 

enjoy




3 comments:

  1. amazing pics, can´t wait to see the final result...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you are doing here, Solly! Creating a footprint and sharing your experiences is really inspiring! All the best and I know God is fueling your dreams to get bigger and more extravagant! Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good models. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete